We already covered Commodore 128 Remastered that fits in Commodore 64 case in separate post and now this board is available for pre-order for €259.90. Note pre-order is only available by end of March 2019!
Estimate shipping date for The128RM is Q3 2019. The board takes care about PAL/NTSC clocks, but you will need to populate those empty slots with the following lists of chips:
- 1 pcs. 8502 (CPU)
- 1 pcs. Z80 (CPU)
- 1 pcs. 8721 (PLA)
- 1 pcs. 8722 (MMU)
- 1 pcs. 8564 (VIC)
- 1 pcs. 8563 or 8568 (VDC chip is switchable between 8563 or 8568.)
- 2 pcs. 32Kbyte ROM (holds roms for C64/C128 Kernel,Basic,Z80 Bios)
- 1 pcs. Character ROM
- 2 pcs. 6581 and/or 8580 (SID)
- 2 pcs. 6526 (CIA)
- 6 pcs. 64K (4-bit) dynamic RAM (128KB for C128, 64KB for VDC)
- And you will need Commodore C64 case and keyboard for it.As you see the list Dual SID is standard. Additional improvements are
VDC is converted to an S-Video signal and shares the same output as VIC, but is switchable between 40/80-ON or OFF, or even between VDC-/VIC-Video signal. Some of you that like Dual Monitor setup may not like this feature, but sure small hacking will do the job.
Also video signal is smoothed out for better picture quality.
1 pcs. 2048 word x 8bit RAM (Color RAM)